Friday, June 26, 2015

What if Technology Fails??



Well it happened! Technology failed us. We lost our internet connection in the office and all of a sudden panic resonates throughout our office. Oh no. Now what do we do? Everything is internet based. Being around the block a few times I remember the days prior to the internet. So I always have a contingency plan when things like this occur.

My go to activity is to hit the phones. All those calls I haven’t been able to catch up on. Now is the absolute perfect time. So I work my way through my phone calls until inevitably those went down, too.  What next? Organization. I review my notes and files on various situations to see if there is anything else I can do to move them forward. Often times we are moving so fast we simply do not take the time to strategize properly. Instead, every day we are reacting to what happens verse strategizing. So this was an opportune time to take a step back and review situations to see if I had everything properly covered.

Next? Check with my staff to see if they have anything they could use assistance with. Often we get so busy and so wrapped up in our own activity every day we simply don’t take the time to check with those around us that perhaps could use a little advice or direction.  Checked that off my list. 

Now what else could I get done….ah yes, time to write another blog. So here I am writing my blog about a very important topic. We get so used to relying on technology we feel crippled when it fails us. Always be prepared with a contingency plan. Always. Take advantage of the break from the onslaught of emails and demands, take the time to take back control of your day. Don’t allow yourself to get wrapped up in wasting the valuable time chatting. This is a gift. Use it wisely. Before you know it the internet will be working again and you are back to moving at lightning speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment